Balsam Peru Myroxylon balsamum
The color of Balsam of Peru essential oil is a deep brown. Its aroma is mild by carries a mix of many aromas. It smells quite pleasant, almost balsamic. It also has smells resembling clove ( slightly pungent ) , vanilla and cinnamon. Its unique aroma makes it a useful ingredient in aromatherapy.
Most Common Uses:
- Antioxidant – The essential oil of Peru Balsam has some antioxidant activity.
- Cicatrisant – It is a powerful wound healer.
- Deodorant or Antiperspirant – It reduces body odor by lowering perspiration.
- Ant-inflammatory – It is strongly ant-inflammatory essential oil.
- Allergic – This oil is strongly allergic to many people. 
- Expectorant – It helps to expel phlegm from the lungs.
- Stimulant – It stimulates various organ systems in the body.
- Fixative – It reduces evaporation in mixtures and is thus a great additive in perfumes and scented products to prevent them from losing their aroma.
- Anti-mites – It kills scabies mites.
- Antiseptic – It prevents chances of infection in an open wound.
- Antibacterial – It kills some species of bacteria.
- Diuretic – It stimulates the release of urine from the body
Plant Part: a resinous substance obtained from the tree called Myroxylon balsamum.
Origin: Central and South America
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Blends With: clove, cinnamon and vanilla. It also goes well with ylang-ylang essential oil and other wonderful smelling essential oils like that of rose, lavender, patchouli and spice oils like black pepper.
Statement of Quality & Safety:
With a commitment to offering the highest quality of products, Serenity Seekers obtains 100% Pure Essential Oils from three sources who spare no effort to maintain the highest quality and purity of essential oils and whose buyers constantly travel around the world to ensure that suppliers meet stringent quality standards. Whenever possible, oils are sourced from organic growers and distillers. Certificate of Analysis, Specifications and MSDS are available on request.
All Essential oils purchased from Serenity Seekers are pure, undiluted essences extracted directly from a variety of flowers, fruits, leaves, barks, roots, herbs, and spices; they are ethically produced and free from pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
Consumers are encouraged to educate themselves on Essential Oils; the term "Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade" and "Certified Pure Test Grade" are NOT designations rated by an overseeing, regulating body of Essential Oils, they are registered trademarks of a Multi-Level marketing company. All Pure Essential Oils are "therapeutic" by their very nature.
Please read Safe Use of Essential Oils for yourself, children & pets. Always consult a doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, or for any other serious health concerns.